Friday, June 01, 2007

Touching, Ain't It

So I've been thinking a lot lately of heavy matter. I talked to someone close to me the other day, someone who isn't 100% well, someone who has been a little sick for a longer time. Sometimes that scares me. He said something that made me think about things. He has always had a special nickname for me, every since I was a wee little girl and I barfed all over him (apparently I was a bit of a bad baby- oh, and the name has nothing to do with barfing). Anyways, he told me that I would always have my nickname, which happens to coincide with a song, a song that I hear and always somewhere in the back of my mind relate to him. A song that can touch me now, but will really beat the emotional $@*& out of me someday when we have to part ways. It made me think about interactions between people though. We don't really think about it often (I mean every once and a while I will, but still), but we each have a role to play in eachother's lives. I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason (even if that reason isn't always apparent at the moment, or ever). So now think about all of those people who you have met, whose lives, however breifly touched yours. Think about all the ways they have affected you. Now what about the ways that you have affected them. I have been around the world (not quite as often or to as many places as I would like to go) and met a lot of people. I know people in England, Israel, Canada, Australia, South Africa and of course the United States, all over the States in fact. And most of these people, if not all, have changed my life in just a little way, whether through a deep conversation or a life lesson, and sometimes even just watching them be them. So what about me? How have a affected the people I have met. Have a been a good influence or a kind face? More importantly, has it ever been negative? It would be ridiculous to always be aware of exactly what you are saying and what the affects may be. You get tired/lazy/angry/emotional/upset and things slip, but do we have a responsibility to keep things like that in check all the time? I think we do, but I don't remember it enough maybe. I just hope that it has all been mostly positive.
And now for something completely different...
I don't have TB, but I also don't have all my summer courses yet, though I guess not having TB wins... Oh, and the ducks are 2-0 in the Stanley Cup finals!!!!!!!! Yay Ducks!!!!!!!! Hopefully they will kick butt in Ottowa and we will bring home the Stanley Cup, that would make my June, oh, and Happy June! It is more or less officially summer here! I love the summer... sun, beach, I love the feeling that is summer, the freerer feeling, plus a friend is moving down to San Diego for the summer and I get to go visit her! I haven't seen her since graduation too! Over a year now. Oh, and I am learning Pharsee, a word a day... Today I learned Sob B'hair that means good morning... Ok, that's it :) Ciao my friends!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You affected my life in a good way =). I think I've learned from you. You're so realistic about everything when I'm melodramatising everything!!! I wish I could be more like that with my problems!!!