I was thinking about perspective the other day...
There were a bunch of us in a room reading a newspaper story and one of my cousins got upset that we were laughing at the story. When telling a friend about the incident, I let my sister tell it and as I was sitting there listening, I realized that her telling was different then the way I remembered it. At first I thought to myself, how can I be the only one so often who remembers things the way they actually happened (because I find myself thinking that I remember things differently from others all the time). Then I realized that it probably wasn't that my sister remembered it incorrectly, but rather that she was telling it as she remembered it from her own perspective and point of view. That was a moment of odd realization for me. I often forget that just because i see things one way, doesn't mean that everyone else sees the same thing as me. With ideas, this is very easy for me to accept. People believe in different gods, religions, policies, morals, values, fashion, style, etc. What I have trouble with is events and how people see the world and what is hard and easy. I forget that people don't unerstand things or pick up things at the same speed that I do, I may be faster then some and slower than others. People have talents that they just get that I don't, and likewise, I may just get things that others don't, like drawing vs. theater vs. piano vs. math. I think it might help to keep that in mind, I met get frustrated a little less with people on occasion.
There isn't much in other news really... summer school and work continues, and life can sometimes be full, and other times seem like there is nothing to do, but as long as I'm living it doesn't really matter... I guess that's it... Ciao!
Monday, June 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment