Friday, March 16, 2007

birthdays are nice

It's that happy feeling that makes you walk around all day with a silly grin on your face, and it isn't love, it's your birthday. always an excuse to have a nice day... and I most certainly did!
The day started with an early morning observation in the aphasia clinic, which was long, but interesting. Then i got Thai food with a uni friend and then on to work, where my coworker brought me a strawberry shortcake (mmmm, my favorite) and it was delicious! On my way to work from observation, I got a phone call from a very close high school friend asking me what time she should pick me up. Thinking that I wasn't going to have a party as all plans had fallen through and having now been planning on studying for my Monday midterm, I was, needless to say, a little befuddled. But once we worked out that I was going out to a bowling alley/lounge called Lucky Strike, we worked outa time and asked some people to join us. It ended up only being 5 of us, but that was fine. It was a lot of fun! We got there at around 9:20, ate some, had a quick dessert and then moved down to the bowling alley where we played two games. We laughed a lot and it was incredibly pleasant. And everyone who you don't know is so nice to you on your birthday. I smiled all day. It was lovely. There are of course a lot of people that i missed sharing my birthday with because they had prior plans or they are to far away, but it was still a lovely birthday... and I got a Dora schoolhouse toy that I can use in clinic next year! How exciting is that! Thanks for the birthday wishes and the smiles... now I am another year older... ciao!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!