Thursday, February 08, 2007

Kill the blog?

So it has come to that time... the turning point of my blog maybe, I dunno. It is now two years since I was getting on a plane and heading off to Australia. My blog is 2 years and one month old. And now I have a dilemna. I know a few people who still have blogs, and maybe even one or two who still write in them instead of letting them sit while all their friends and relatives back home wonder what they are doing. I haven't posted on my blog for a while, but mainly, it's because I am not sure people read this anymore. I am no longer in Australia, so the majority of my friends in the states don't check this anymore. It has been 1 and 1/2 years since I was in Adelaide, and I am not sure that anyone from there reads this that often, and my old readers from there don't seem to be online anymore, so I am not sure what to do. Do I sporadically update my blog with stories from my life, or do I make sure I have a copy of all my posts and then just let my blog fade. If people still want to read my blog, then I will continue to update. I will be a little less lazy knowing that people actually want to read what I am doing or on occasion my opinions. However, if people don't care and people don't respond, what am I doing this for, I have my own handwritten diary, I don't need my blog to record my life. So my question I guess is, do you, my readers, care enough for me to keep doing this, because I do enjoy doing when I know that there are people reading it. Or do you not care enough to respond or even read this, and am I just keeping it up because of nostalgia? So if you want me to continue writing my blog, post something, I don't care what, that way at least I know that people are reading this. Thanks...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up - don't stop just because I have, and Mel has, and Schwarz has, and Em doesn't much anymore.

Oh :-(

Anonymous said...

Write lady, write!

Soon I too shall join the blogosphere!

Warren

em said...

yeah we all suck at this blogging thing lately. I'm quite pissed that Mason hasn't in ages and he's the one traveling! damn you Shannon! :-) I have been thinking about the same thing too though. I always forget to blog. I promise to try more. :-) When I have good things to say. :-) much love.