Well well well... if it isn't my old friend 2007, how are you 2007? (if you don't get the reference don't worry). I can't believe that we are in January... where has the time flown to? As I sit here patiently (or something like that) waiting for work to happen and procastinating, I thought it would be a good idea to post on my blog since I haven't for about a week. I had a pretty intense new years weekend this year. It started with a Firday night dinner with 2 cousins in from out of town and one of their friends tagging along who looks just like Josh Groban (only Jewish and unfortuantely, taken)! Then Saturday (this sounds confusing but it isn't) my cousins' grandfather (not mine) had his 95 birthday at Il Cielo, an extremely fancy italian resteraunt where i got to see the rest of my cousins who are usually out of town. Then Sunday evening I want to my grandparents again and then to my brother's for a new years party, but the majority of the people who were supposed to go flaked, it was fun, but I felt so bad when we had first gotten there and there were 4 other people aside from my brother and his fiance. It was a busy, but a very good weekend.
It's January though, and I have this strange sinking sensation that time is running out. I know that I am young and that it is silly, but I think maybe it is just the stress of pre- GREs (taking it on the 12th) and being worried about apps which are due sometime between 2 weeks ago and February (depending on the application). The rest of my winter break is being spent walking dogs and feeding frogs and not going to Hawaii (or anywhere for that matter) unlike the rest of my friends who have gone places ranging from Turkey to Mexico to Big Bear to Hawaii (mostly Hawaii though). Imagine being stuck at home when half your friends are in Maui feeding their animals... a good winter break so far still none the less :)
Beyond the shock of 2007, not much is going on, still working, still studying, etc. I got one of my grades (out of 4) for this last semester which is exciting since I got an A and I am hoping for 3 more, but we'll see, anyways... a quick little specific hello to Mel (sorry I fell of the face of the earth), Warren (if you are reading this... I blushed when i read Mel's email, so if you did too like she said, you aren't alone). Em (sorry I haven't called for new years, talk to you soon), Amber (it was great to talk to you new years) and shannon (hope you enjoyed new years in new york, you missed the said phone call you lazy sleeping boy... update your blog!) among others who i didn't say hi too, I know I have been pretty busy, I will try and write more emails. Happy New Year to all!!! Ciao...
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Heheh, sorry about that - it had been a long night. I'm finally back in toronto, and I'll be in touch soon!
I read The Giver this afternoon. So good!! Thank you heaps, Bec.
I bet he didn't blush because he knows destiny when he sees it.
Glad to see you're still around, write me another email!
Lurv Melissa =)
Me? Blush? Never! (unless it's winter, when it's kind of necessary for warmth!)
As for destiny, I don't know about that one yet!
Congratualations for climbing back on board from just off the face of the earth, wherever that is. Probably New Zealand.
Warren
P.S. Wezza, I'm very intrigued to know, since when does trying to marry someone off Not count as a matchmaking tactic?
Post a Comment