To start of with, a quick tribute to the "..." the ellusive and ever ready punctuation that I love to use so much in casual writing that it shows up everywhere!
Now, on with things... :)
Last weekend I went to visit friends in Claremont and ended up going up to Big Bear for the day. We drove out at around 12 or something like that and we went to the Alpine Zoo. Apparently one of the few Alpine Zoos in the US, this zoo was so cool. It was on the smaller side, but it had foxes and wolves and bears and bald eagles and bison, and the coolest bit about it is that all of the animals are rescued animals. Then we went out to dinner at this really good South American food restaurant call Cafe Mambo. The place was empty aside from a couple about my parents age. We ended up sending over parts of our appitizers and then they joined us at our table and we split 5 ways all the desserts. The were really nice and they talked about their kids and their big bear cabin and skiiing and work. The food was all delicious, the suprising company was good and there was even a tv show on about people making skylines out of cereal, the las vegas one was done out of rice krispy treats, pretty crazy. All in all it was a wonderful day!
This week was Yom Kippur (Sunday night to Monday), which is the Jewish day of atonement, and I didn't really do much atoning this year, so, sorry ya'll for anything I did that hurt you, most likely I didn't mean to, and if I did, well further proof that I am far from perfect and I am even more sorry for most of those. Suprisingly however, the fast wasn't too difficult and the breakfast was a lot of fun. My cousin and his girlfriend were in town from DC and my other cousin's fiance was in town from Chicago so I got to hang out.
Tuesday and Thursday were uneventful and uni filled so I will skip them, but Wednesday was so cool. My sister and I (courtesy of my generously inclined father) went to an opening event for the Anehiem Ducks (the used to be Mighty Ducks) who have recently had an ownership, colors/jerseys, team name and center name (from the arrowhead pond- so cool to the honda center- lame) change. Basically there were free games, some free food and free two hour autograph signings. I got to meet Scott and Rob Neidermayer, Andy McDonald, Ilya Bryzgalov and some of my other favorites along with some of the new guys, Pronger was a no show though. It was really cool to get these guys autographs close up. Especially since now I will go and watch them play and think wow, i met them. My sister was hilarious. She made Chris Kunitz get down on one knee in a picture with her, just cuz she could and he seems young and fun and he's cute, so since Lupul was traded, she needs a new boy to be in love with, too bad Kunitz has a girlfriend, though my sis wasn't too heartbroken. I am so excited for this year! Go Ducks! (even if I don't like the new changes, the team is still great and still the Ducks, so I will live). This weekend is Sukkot which is a harvest festival where we put up a hut of sorts and eat in it, so on Sunday we are having a bunch of people over for a Sukkot/housewarming/sister's birthday party which should be a lot of fun, and I was just invited about 20 minutes ago to the Dodgers vs. Mets game tomorrow which should be lots of fun!!!!! Yay!
And that is that :) ciao!
Friday, October 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment