Friday, September 29, 2006

a note on breathing

It is very important, and now that my first midterm at CSUN is over I can breathe again. I was so worried about it, I studied for more or less a week straight with a break only for Rosh Hashana, a house warming party and a night out with Mik, a friend from Australia who was passing through for only 3 days, and yet, when I got the test, it almost felt as if a lot of that studying was for nothing. There was a lot she didn't ask and a lot that she asked but made it really confusing so I didn't really understand the question though I knew the answer and I couldn't ask her because technically we were supposed to know it all, so I wasn't sure if I put down the correct answer even though I knew the material being covered. I am doing well in my other classes, so I am going to try not to worry about this test too much though.
The night out with Mik was a lot of fun. Since i had studying to do, I was the designated driver so that I didn't have to drink. I picked up Mik and one of my closest friends from high school and her boyfriend and the three of us trecked out to Universal City Walk to the dueling piano bar Howl at the Moon. This might possibly be the only bar in LA that I will gladly go to and feel good while I am there. It is so much fun. It was open mic night which is essenstially kareoke with a live band. It was fun to watch and nice to hang out with friends even though I must admit it took me a long time to relax and I still stayed somewhat stressed out through most of the night. On the way home, dropping Mik off at the Roosevelt Hotel my blinker stick broke so I couldn't turn on my signal indicator anymore, but luckily I got that all fixed yesterday. For the most part however, it was a good night.
Rosh Hashana (the Jewish new year) has come and gone and Yom Kippur is starting this Sunday night (day of atonement). It has been a bizarre holiday this year. I haven't really been into it whole heartedly with everything else going on. But such is life, I actually gotta run spur of the moment, so so much for what I thought I was going to post, maybe I will post the rest later, but at least now, you all have something to read.
And by the way, Warren you must be cool since you said hi back, so thanks!
awebededewebede...that's all folks

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Warren is cool!

MARRY HIM DAMMIT, MARRY HIM!

Glad you've had a good week, and surprisingly, I talk to you nearly every day on AIM and I knew hardly any of this stuff. Just goes to show how cool talking about the Emperor's New Groove can be =) .

Anonymous said...

Don't believe a word she says! ;-)

And, um, Wezza? Don't you think I should at least get to know the girl first? I mean, arranged marriages are so last century!

Warren