So I got a new program from my computer that allows me to record (still have to get a microphone though) on to the computer and analyze it all linguistically. it shows pitch and how many time the vocal chords hit together and the time and the speed and tone and all sorts of other really interesting stuff, very exciting! I can't wait to use it (which will be soon since i need it for my senior thesis).
In other news, I am blind (not officially), when I went to the eye doctor yesterday he said that with people who have vision as bad as mine they can't even judge it on a 20/20 scale anymore and they have to do something called the finger test which is where they stand at 6 feet and see how much you can see and so forth, so basically i can just barely see at 6 feet in front of me, and my new glasses perscription (or however that is spelled) is -7.00 in both eyes, yikes! Though truthfully, i didn't really like the doctor who I had, he treated me like I had no idea what was going on (even though I have gone to the eyedoctor once a year since I was in third grade when I first got glasses) and I wasn't 100% sure that he did a good job, in fact he looked at my right eye twice and my left eye only once. Oh well, point it I finally get to be able to see again, and that is what matters :)
That's all the news from now. Since the only people who are most likely reading this are those who I met in Australia (and maybe the three people out here who knew me before I left and still check and I know who they are and talk to them all the time), I miss you guys heaps. I can't wait for those of you who are coming out to get here, and Em, I promise I will visit when my thesis is done and I don't have to worry about that anymore. Much love to all....ciao!
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Boy do I know how you feel, I went last week and it's $600!! I'm not legally allowed to drive without glasses anymore. And I hate wearing glasses they're so annoying!!! My optometrist was really good though, she told me she liked my shows and she was pretty understanding that I hadn't been to see an optometrist for ages because getting new glasses is expensive and I have better things to do with the money (like buy beer).
What's wrong with the human body?? Why can't it just work!??!?!?!?!
Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
That will be all.
you better come visit me! I'm looking forward to it and I don't have a job yet, so visit away! ;-)
Post a Comment