Friday, April 28, 2006

Oh Happy Day!

Ok, so it has been weeks and weeks since I have posted, but I got most of my life back today, so I can finally post and share all the good news!
First off, after working on my thesis for 5 months (or as some point out, 3 weeks), I am finally finished. I turned it in this morning as a adobe pdf file and I also got it printed and bound and it is sitting on my desk waiting for Monday to roll around so I can drop it off during my advisor's office hours. Thank you to everyone who helped me and put up with my bs, stressed outness and grumpiness for the last little while. I promise to everyone who hasn't seen me around either in person or online that I will be more accessible now.
Next... only about 7 hours after I finished printing my thesis and the like I got a call from my sister... a big package from CSUN... I am going to grad school!!!!!!!!! (for all you Aussies out there it is post grad) Anyways, after doing the happy dance for a while and giving everyone I have seen hugs, I decided it was finally time for me to update my blog, so if you are reading this after so long a break, yay for you!!!!
I was also reading through some goodbye letters from some of my Aussie friends the other day. I just wanted to say a few things in case you guys are reading this.
Amber- it was awesome talking to you on the phone the other night, we should do it again soon.
Em- we haven't talked in ages, but I think I might call you soon.
Sunil- your card was mailed today...it's on its way... you better come out and visit, and thanks for the thesis help.
Shannon- where are you, I don't have enough Shannon in my life... I was reading that letter from when you sent the shirt and thinking about dry spells of Shannonless time and they suck.
Mel- your blog is awesome and I miss your messages telling me to update mine, oh and I wrote a comment on your blog that never went through, and it wasn't my fault
To everyone else, and there are a lot of you, though I doubt anymore than those 5 will be reading this, I miss you all and I can't wait to talk to everyone more now that I am almost done! Ok, I really have very little left to say now aside from Clone High rocks... ok... ciao!

3 comments:

em said...

oh love, i miss you. I hope we can actually chat soon. Today is the last day of class for me, so i will be a little bit more accessible this week and next... but finals are looming overhead. I can't wait to hear about your thesis. I hope it turned out well for you. um not much else to stay... back to studying. miss you. have fun graduating this weekend! :-)

Melissa said...

Dude I read your note saying you miss me posting on your blog telling you to update it and I snorted really loudly in the Adelaide Uni library and the girl next to me turned around and glared.

How mean.

Man finishing uni must be such a good feeling. I might finish first year this year. That's a pretty good feelng. Sort of.

What else??

Oh I updated my blog. And I let all the comments through! It was a big mistake, I had them on the moderation setting and because I didn't know I'd done that I didn't know to allow them all through... I thought my blog had been looking naked lately... turns out it was because it looked like no one was commenting. But they were. It was a big boost to my self-esteem when I found them all.

"Mel i luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" was pretty much what they all said. In my head.

I nominate beer as your celebratory drink of choice, although of course that is up to you. Seriously, if you wrote and finished something long enough to be bound and sit on your desk in pure heaviness you probably deserve a whole carton.

Can't think of much else to say, miss you too, hopefully we will catch up in the states sometime (everyone is travelling except ME and I am SO JEALOUS).

That will be all!!

Luv Mel =D

Melissa said...

Look how long my comment was and I didn't even say anything.

I write too much.