So as I sit here in Neuro, trying to stay awake and wondering what the visual system has to do with speech and language, and my mind is wandering and I can't help it. And since no one reads this and it hardly matters what I am writing, I feel free to say whatever I am thinking at the moment. Mainly that is that all I want to do is go home and crawl back into bed for a while. Maybe take a nap, watch a movie, read a book, does it matter? I want to be warm and yummy under the covers. Instead I am stuck in class thinking about all the stuff I have to do, and all the bizarre social things that on occasion come into my head.
Some one once told me, not too long ago, that I have a habit of letting my imagination get away with itself. Basically, that I will take a situation and let my head go wild with ideas about the worst case scenario, when in truth, the situation isn't such a big deal and won't result in the end of my world as I know it. I should at this point recognize that I have an active imagination, and that I do have a habit of making up the future in my head, which I guess maybe I shouldn't think about like that.
Sometimes I am very aware and proud of who I am, and sometimes I wonder. I guess we all do that, but few people talk about it. I know that I like myself, that much is clear, but I wonder about the rest of it. Maybe I shouldn't think about that right now. Instead I should think about all the exciting things happening soon. Thanksgiving, dancing, friends visiting... or maybe I just should have gone to bed earlier last night. Either way, despite my moodiness due to being overtired, things are busy, but really good, I really can't complain. May my silly troubles be the worst troubles I have to face, because truthfully, they aren't so bad... and now, we are moving on to neurology of swallowing, and I should go pay attention... Ciao
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment