Friday, December 08, 2006

No name...?

It's a Friday morning here in sunny Southern California, that's right, in contrast to just about anywhere else where my friends live in North America, it was a pleasant 78 degree Farenhiet day yesterday when I spent the day in class or at Target instead of bundled up with tea in the cold (like 2 weeks ago- now promptly lots of my friends go... that's not cold, wimp!). So anyways, here I am at work, procrastinating the start of anything substantial (work or study) and not really thinking about much. It's that time again however, crunchtime... finals, applications, tests, the whole 9 yards, and man am I feeling it. It isn't normal to go to sleep at night and dream about failing the GREs (the standardized exam for graduate school), especially when you haven't even started studying because you have 6 more tests and a homework assignment you have to get in before then. That is right I said 6, in the next two weeks I have 6 tests, 2 midterms (don't ask why I have midterms in the last week of class, I don't have a good answer) and 4 final exams. Not to mention meeting with my advisor, a 15 question homework assignment, registering for classes and an application for clinical privaleges. Then I have winter break when I take my GREs and do my CD grad school application (so I can study Speech Pathology at the grad school level- hard to explain). In other words, I am feeling a little stressed and slightly overwhelmed... I know I can do it, but man, I just gotta make it to February. Meanwhile I read Jane Eyre which I enjoyed much more than I thought I would.
This weekend should be nice and busy, tonight (Friday) we are having an artist and his wife over for dinner. The artist, Roark , made a piece at the request of my parents (we payed him of course) made a piece of his with my mom's face on it that will be hung tonight in our dining room. Then tomorrow my parents are taking me to see 2 musicals, Man of LaMancha and The Lion King. After that, Sunday is back to normal life, essentially, studying and doing my homework assignment. All that said, life's not bad, and now I have to go help a girl in my class who is wigging out about the homework and then do some real work... ciao!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey dude, Jane Eyre is cool.