Tuesday, August 15, 2006

An empty place...

is now in the house since the good ol' red haired boy has moved on. A great week spent much too quickly involving crazy things like Gayu Kaku, Disneyland, Santa Barbara and my uni, but most of you reading this now have read it on another blog so I won't go into detail. All I will add is that it was great to see someone who I hadn't seen in so long, get to show him around my city this time and repay the hospitality shown to me in Australia by both him and his family. It was an amazing week where I laughed and cried more than I probably have for over a month. Then in a sudden rush, to LAX and he was gone leaving a gaping whole which can never be filled, though pretty soon another international guest comes in to disract me. I haven't seen this girl for five years, and we are as close as sisters, needless to say, I am very excited to see her and I am glad that she chose to stop in LA before heading back to Israel.
In other news... MY BROTHER GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yup, that is right, I said engaged. He proposed to his girlfriend, now fiancee (with that little blippy about the e which i don't know how to make on here) last Thursday night! I am so excited that she will be becoming part of the family, and it is a huge deal since my brother is the first one in the immidiate family to have taken this huge and incredibly exciting step! I don't think it is obvious how excited I am ;)
We have officially moved back into the house, the remodel is almost completely done, just a few touch ups here and there. I am finally off the airmattress and onto my real bed again, and oh how i missed it. Now the question is can I unpack everything and prevent my room from becoming a big mess, good luck to me, I will need it.
I went to my old camp for visitor's day a few days ago. It was bizarre to be back there. In some ways I just wanted to be back up there in other ways I was glad I didn't have to deal with certain "camp giants" who aren't very nice. It was strange to see the campers I had my first year when they were going into fourth grade who are now going into ninth grade, all grown up, so weird. My campers who I had as soon to be seventh graders are now getting ready to go back next summer as CITs or at least my camp's version of that. And truthfully, I missed a lot of the people there. People who had become friends when we were all there together, it is strange to go to camp and feel left out. It was a good day though, I enjoyed being at camp which is as beautiful as it has always been.
I had a little closet crisis that I am still recovering from as well, I dropped a heavy box on my portable clothes rack, breaking it and leaving my closet in shambles until last night when i managed to clean it up a bit, but left me with no clue as to where I will put my shoes. Oh the little things in life.
Summer continues to move slowly or something like that. I go back to school in 3 1/2 weeks and I still only have my sign language class, though hopefully I will get more on the 30th when I go to CSUN and meet with some advisors for the department.
I am going up to San Francisco this weekend, I must admit I am a little nervous for multiple reasons. One, I am going up with a girl I haven't seen for 5 years, I know we will always be best friends, that's what happens when you lived together for 6 months and shared a room for 3, but what if it is akward. Second, I have never been good with directions, what if I get lost somehow somewhere. Third, I am meeting someone up there who is a friend of a friend and has become a friend of mine, but I have never met him. However, I am convinced that this trip will be good, it has to be and I will see to it that it is. And for now that is all I have to say, aside from people should leave comments, makes me sad when I know that I have friends who leave comments on other people's pages and not mine, and friends don't let friends stay commentless (I don't know how many of you will actually get that reference, but oh well). Ok, now I am going to head back to work... ciao...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time with my little brother :) Great guy that he is, it would be hard not to have fun with him around... Anyway... Darren said he still has a photo of your toe on his phone. lol.