Tuesday, January 10, 2006

New York, New York

So it has taken me a while to post about my new year's, but not that I have some spare time and since I promised myself I would be at least a little productive today, I am finally posting an update.
New York was great! I got there and though I got a little lost, I was just so excited to finally see the place! I decided (and maybe this is just becausae it is winter) that it is a city with lots of really dull colors. The people on the other hand, very colorful. It was interesting to people watch on the subway. I saw some of the usual sites, Times Square, Central Park, The Rockefeller Center (with the tree and the ice rink), blah blah blah. That was all nice, but it was more fun hanging out with people. I met up with Amber while I was there (and it snowed while we were eating lunch!). It was great to see someone from my time in Australia and hopefully a trip to visit Em will follow shortly this next semester. Abby and Dara and Dara's friend all had lunch with us right before Abby and Dara went to Israel for their birthright trip. That was fun. We walked through the Met Museum, absolutely wonderful. There is so much artwork in that gorgeous building. They have musical instruments and The Death of Socrates and Monet and Degas and stuff from ancient societies (Egypt and Greece which I have always found fascinating), I could go on. My all time favorite thing about New York however, was that I saw Avenue Q! We didn't think we would get to see it, but we waited outside in the lottery my last night and Todd's name got called and we had front row center seats for $21.25! The cast is really talented, and Todd knows the guy who plays Princeton and Rod so we got to talk to him after! The show was hilarious and after we went to a bar for dinner and we saw Patty Lupone (I don't think I spelled her name correctly, woops) who is this old Broadway star, very very talented. So my first real trip to New York was amazing, new year's was fun though we weren't in Times Square and all is good.
By the way, Happy New Year to everyone (sorry it's about ten days too late). Now I am back home. I saw the LA Auto Show this weekend where there were some pretty cool cars and now I am just getting ready to go back to uni this weekend because classes start on Tuesday. That is it. Hope everyone is doing well and having a good start to 2006... Ciao for now!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey I posted here before but my dial up internet is dodgy, and it didn't work!

So glad to hear you had a great new years and got to catch up with Amber! I'd love to be able to catch up with you guys. At the mo it's a struggle to catch up with anyone! Even the aussies!!

Luv Mel