Friday, December 30, 2005
departing thoughts...
So I leave for New York tomorrow... so excited, but so nervous! This week has been fun, but really busy. Family get togethers, Hanukkah and the like. I saw The Producers this week, they did a really good job and I was in good company :) yay Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane! I had an awesome friend visit from Canada who I haven't seen since the summer of 2000. It was so nice to catch up and look at pictures from our trip to Israel and reminiss and just hang out! Tonight was a great dinner thing at a good friend's where I got to meet his parents and hang out with some really awesome people. All in all this week has been great and I have had fun seeing and meeting a lot of really great people and now I leave for New York tomorrow morning. I am tired beyond thought and just finished packing and the like and now I must get some rest before I have to wake up really early to be at the airport by 6 am. I am sorry to everyone who I promised to email and haven't, things have been crazy, but I will soon. Oh, and I got the entire collection of the Narnia books which I am so excited about. And now after this discombobulated post I am going to pass out for about 4 hours until I have to get up and head to the airport. Love to all...ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey dude!!
Hope you have fun in New York for NY (actually it's two days after that here now so I'm guess you HAD fun, rather than WILL have it).
Just wanted to say I LOVE the Narnia books. Seriously, I was addicted to those books when I was a kid, I read them about a million times over. My sister and I went to see the movie and we got into this whole conversation afterward about the books and all the adventures the character went on and what the countries were called, and all the allegories to the bible. They are such a fascinating set of childrens books, and even now that I'm an adult there's still so much interest to be had on them from an analytical perspective. There's still a lot of parts i don't get though. When you've read them all we're going to have a chat about them. Or else.
I really liked the movie too. I can't remember if you said you'd see it or not, but if you haven't, I definitely advise it. I'd heard they'd changed a lot of stuff about it, but all they really changed was a bit of emphasis here and there on the fact that the kids created the world in their imaginations to cover the lonliness of their flee from the bombings. That's all I really noticed. Oh yeah, and the witch had polar bears. And one of the wolves sounded like Mr Movies. That was dumb. All in all, a good movie though.
Luv mel =D
i agree with mel. The movie is pretty fantastic. I like it a lot. Not sure if I ever read more than just one of the books. anyway, i hope you had fun in New York. Am so jealous that you got to see Amber! I want to see someone from Aus! all in good time I suppose. I hope that you can come see me sometime soon, or over second semester. If not maybe I can work something out at the beginning of June. I have plans to go out to Oregon then. Anyway much love darling. miss you. Talk to you soon.
-em
Post a Comment