Ok, so it has been a while since I have posted last, a lot has happened that has kept me really busy, so I am sorry it has taken so long. Right now I am killing some time between classes, and I figured I would update, so here goes...
First off, since the last time I have posted I have seen some really great movies, including RENT, Harry Potter (twice), Aeon Flux (or however you spell it) and Pride and Predjudice! Yay for movies. I also am so excited about Narnia which is coming out this weekend, lets see if I can convince some friends to go with.
Next, uni... I finished my first paper, now all I have left is, another 15-20 pager, a midterm, a project, some presentations and a final. Then I have winter break. This will entail...free reading!!!! I get to read whatever i want, do you know how exciting that is?!?!?! Let's put it this way for those non-bibliophiles... this is like another Harry Potter book coming out to someone who is obsessed to the point that they dress up at the midnight screening (I am not really making fun, I know people like this and they are awesome, but this automatically classifies them as dorks even though I love them dearly). Ok, I know, that was a bad explanation, but all I could think of. Over break I am also going to be working on applications for summer jobs and grad school...doesn't that sound exciting. I am also possibly planning a trip to New York, and I am even thinking of being there for New Years, now that actually is exciting!
Ok, now something that has been on my mind lately... change. Everything is changing and it is kind of scary, the whole non-permanace thing is kinda getting to me right now, I keep thinking about it. I have one more semester of college, then on to grad school, I am one step closer to real life and everything is changing if it hasn't already changed, it will. I won't be at Pitzer anymore for the first time in 4 years. That means a change in social settings, which is half really scary and half really exciting. That means more time with my LA friends, but it also means leaving some really great people that I have met at college. There is change everywhere too, Australians all moved out of college which means a change in communication patterns that effects how often I talk to them (which is no longer nearly as often as I would like and I miss you guys heaps). Also I recently had a death in the family (one of the main reasons I have been to preoccupied to post) which will also change family dynamics and just life in general. Honestly, everything is changing, and as much as that can be a good thing, somethings I am not ready for, I was finally getting comfotable again after spending 6 months away, and bamn, everything is different now. So wierd.
Ok, that is really all that is going on, I promise life will be more interesting once exams are over and I am home for a bit, I will have all sorts of things to talk about (I hope) anyways. For those who I don't talk to so often, I miss you, and for those that I do, I am sure I will talk to you soon, now I am off to class. ciao!
Monday, December 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i understand the problem with change. I feel you on all of the points you made. So much has been going on here too. Change has happened mostly in my house at school. It sucks doesn't it? The communication change is getting to me too. I have been quite sad and 'depressed' over the past week or so because I haven't been in contact with many of the Aussies. Although I get to see Karen and Will next week! Anyway darling, just know you're not alone on all of this change stuff! :-P Miss you heaps! much love
Post a Comment