Just for you Mel, a new post for all of my loyal blog checkers (all what, 4 of you?). Anyways, I actually have finally done something exciting and shareable to post about!
I had a great weekend this weekend, my parents (realizing the best way to get me to come home now is bribing me) took me to see 42nd Street (a musical for all those musically/theaterically challanged) which was fanstastic. The cast did an excellent job, the music is great and the tap dancing was wonderful, makes me want to learn how to tap dance, but I have been saying that for years now. Also my dad took me to the Ducks vs. Dallas Stars game last night... first time I have been to a hockey game since before the strike and man did I miss it. All things considering, the Ducks weren't very nice to have sucked and lost the game last night...they played fairly poorly, not like it is my place to judge since I wasn't out there working my butt off playing hockey, but still, 3-1 Dallas, and the Ducks one goal was kicked in by one of the Dallas players? Poor show! A little dissapointing, but oh well, there are always other games to go to.
These next two weeks should be interesting though, uni is normal as opposed to there being 3 huge assignments on top of all of the work that I have to do, the Austen book is short this week and there is no response paper due for the Religious History class, so that is really nice. This weekend I am going with my Austen class to see the new Pride and Prejudice out in theaters, so excited about that. Then Thanksgiving is next week and I don't have class on Wednesday, so I get to go home to the highschool reunion that they have for college people every year that I was never able to go to, it should be interesting to see Milken now that I am far enough away to laugh at my high school experience. Also one of my really good friends from New York is coming into town and I can't wait to hang out with him and all my other LA friends that I haven't really seen for a while. Also the new Harry Potter movie is coming out soon, so yay!
Ok, I hope that that update was good enough for a few certain squeaky wheels and now I have to go finish looking at the course schedule for preregistration stuff... by the way, I still need a new name for my blog! Help me please come up with a new name! Ok, hope everyone is well... ciao!
Monday, November 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you should call your blog
"Cartons of turbidity: if only I couldn't."
I think it's nice.
Don't listen to him, he's a bogan.
Call it "Melissa is really cool and not a stationary whore".
I am a bit skeptical about the new Pride and Prejudice movie. I'm sure it's pretty good, but I don't like that Keira Knightley bird playing the Elizabeth Bennet role. She's skinny as a rake and drop dead gorgeous with BLONDE hair. Elizabeth Bennet is meant to be the wild willful one with the luscious brown locks and the stubborn attitude I relate so well to. I see Keira Knightley more as Jane, the older sister. We'll wait and see I guess.
Also Bec I went and saw a movie called "Elizabethtown" the other night! That movie is really cool! All about finding your place in the world and it was sickly and sweet and quite funny at the same time and it was sickly and sweet and it gave me that googly feeling and it had ORLANDO BLOOM which is always a plus and that Kirsten Dunst seems like such a nice girl. Found her airline hostess character a bit annoying though. Also some parts of the movie kind of dropped off. Like he never really confronted the ex-girlfriend she just went "it's not goodbye, it's just goodbye" and that was the end of it. NO ONE knew what was going on. Also we never saw Dunst's character's boyfriend either and I reckon he would have been hot.
Also Ice Hockey games are fun!! I went to one in Sweden and I had NO idea who the two teams were or why I should be cheering, but I went and yelled a lot and bought a hat and met lots of nice swedes and watched lots of men that later turned out to be really hot and buff without their big helments and puffy uniforms on bash each other into the wall. The intelligent person within me screams that it's just stupidity. The much more dominant animalistic side of me found it fantastic.
Well that's all from me right now, VERY GLAD to see you have updated this thing, it is beginning to turn into a shambles, and to be honest I die a little inside every time I type in the URL and find that it's still got something you wrote a month ago on it.
The fact that I die a little inside because a blog isn't updated is probably a little sad, and I should probably seek help.
Anyway.
Cheers, to you my good fellow (ps. I called a "Sir" a "ma'am" at HJ's today. That was pretty funny).
luv Mel =D
ps. The reason this comment was so long was to make you think 'oooooh that was a lovely long comment, maybe if i post more often she'll write long comment's like that all the time'. THe fact that I babble a lot of shit in written form suggests that I probably would. SO POST MORE.
I think my message is clear.
OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!
Post a Comment