Thursday, November 03, 2005

Australia

I am sitting here in my Pitzer dorm room this afternoon and I am writing an email or two and talking on aim and I am a little sad. I talked to Emily a little bit ago and we started talking about Australia and quoting the Holy Grail and talking about emailing Australians and how much we miss it there and I got a hankering to listen to my cd made for me by an Aussie with all the Aussie songs that I wanted to take home with me like Evie and Holy Grail and and Black Betty and all those songs that have crazy memories. I was downloading the songs onto my computer so I had to dig through piles to find the list of the songs that was written for me along with the cd and I pulled out all my letters from my Australian friends. I couldn't resist, I reread them all and then I felt like crying, so now I am sitting here remeniscing by myself listening to my Australia cd and thinking of everyone I left in Australia who I wish I could still be with right now. I haven't had a moment like this for a while, I was finally at that point where I thought I was totally readjusted and I thought I could go on in America like a normal person with some awesome friends and memories in Australia, but suddenly it all came back and I just want to be there again. There was something about Australia and Aquinas when I was there. Everyone was so nice. I will never forget my first week at Aquinas when my tutor took me in as one of the only people who cared to get to know me and through him I met all his friends and then I met my American girls who I became so close to and my flatmate who loves Los Angeles. Then everyone came to Aquinas and I got to meet the rest of the Finn people and I got my pirate name. I was recently told that 5 am convesations had decreased greatly because I wasn't there. Those were some great conversations and I miss them, or coloring and watching movies in Em's room or hanging out in Shannon's room. There was girls night out where 2/5 of us stayed home and balls and races and footy, oh do I miss footy. Walks to uni and to Rundle, boost juices, chocalate binges, pub nights, the blue and white, the bakery and the Australian pizza house, formal tea, drawing lessons and poetry writing, traveling, the list goes on and on. Essentially for now, those were probably the best 6 months of my life and I miss being there in Australia and I miss all the friends I met there, all those people who I just want to hang out with again. For those of you reading this, I miss you heaps, thank you for everything you gave to me, the acceptance and the good times and for caring enough to keep in touch. I miss you all. I am going to go try and shake off the Aussie blues and smile some more now because there is more to life than what happened six months ago and I can look forward to talking and hopefully seeing them all again sooner or later. Raquetball tonight should cheer me up, it has become a weekly thing now which is awesome... yay for raquetball! ciao mates!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

AUSTRALIA ROCKS!!! THAT'S WHY!!!

Australia misses you too.

Melissa said...

UPDATE YOUR FREAKING BLOG!!!

=D

em said...

we are sad people sometimes aren't we? didn't mean to make you sad that day. SIgh... good old holy Grail! I miss footy! Guess what I missed this morning while at work? well I got the faintest smell of coffee when I was by some offices cleaning and it had that "iced coffee" smell. You know...like the ones in the little cartons? the farmer's something, iced coffee?! SO GOOD! Oh ... memory... remember shopping for food in the central market? :-) good times. Oh and such a wonderful night last night! Sunil sent me photos from Valete. I got a bit jealous when he told me this cool chick pam had taken most of the photos! :-( I miss them all! Oh and I also got sad because Sunil was being mean... telling me he didn't like me. Oh sunny...:-P Miss you heaps Bec!
much love!

Melissa said...

Don't listen to Sunny, he is evil and mean.

Well not really mean. Just evil.


GOOD NEWS GUYS! I've just gotten a new job so now I have two jobs over the summer and I should be raking in the cash, so I might be able to get a round the world ticket sooner than I had thought. There are so many people I want to visit and you guys are right at the top of the list because I've never been to the states before and THEY SPEAK ENGLISH THERE. Albeit really weird English, but hey, who's complaining? Not me. This prospect is still a long way away. BUT SOONER THAN I THOUGHT!!!!

So if I come banging on your doors on some random day in July next year it will be because I failed uni again and decided to throw myself open to the wrath of the wide world again.

Peace to you all my pretties.

Luv Mel =)

Melissa said...

Am I the only person that posts comments on peoples blogs anymore???

I'm beginning to feel abandoned =(

Melissa said...

For crying out loud,

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!