Saturday, October 08, 2005

One of those moments...

you know, moments like these where you are just sitting around and all you can do is sigh and think life is good, yeah, one of those moments. This is a randomly brought on moment, but I was just thinking about how lucky I truly am. I was sitting here just now trying to focus on my studying, I have a midterm on Monday... yeah. Anyways, my daddy called! He called to ask me if I wanted to go see Annie with my bubbie and zayde (yiddish for grandma and grandpa...I have called my dad's parents that my whole life and when I was little I thought that was their names, I really did, only later did I realize it was Harold and Harriet). My dad said he and my mom had already seen it a few times and he figured Abby and I would really enjoy it (though we have also seen it at least twice). He is going to ask my grandparents if they want Abby and me to go with them. And though we only talked for 2 or 3 minutes, my dad laughed as we were getting off the phone, and that is when the moment hit. I hung up the phone with a huge smile and thought how much I love my dad, how much I love my family and how lucky I am. All families have their issues, mine is no exception, but I have a wonderful family. Life is good, I am lucky, with a great family and great friends, people who really care about me and only simple hardships, like a hard semester at school and little stuff like that. Even the midterm coming up can't bring down the happy feeling that I had to share with everyone who actually does read this ( all 9 or so of you), LIFE IS GOOD! Ok, off to study more...

1 comment:

em said...

yay for happiness on blogs! such good thoughts here and on mel's. I am so happy to know that my mates appreciate life so much. I think this is why we are all friends! Bec, love, I miss you! I hope your midterms go well! It is midterm week here too! Much love darling!

-em