Ok... I know, it has been a really long while since I have posted, but I have some time (procrastination?...what's that?) and I figured that I should do a quick update on everythin that is going on (cuz there is so much of it- sarcasm).
First off, to follow a theme that I have been following lately... Serenity was awesome! Such a good movie. I won't go in to too many details as I know plenty of people who haven't seen it yet, but it was so good!!!! I don't really know what to say about it for those who haven't seen it yet, but I do suggest seeing it, even if you haven't seen Firefly, it isn't essential (though it does help a lot), but basically... see Serenity!
Now, while we are talking about movies I will say a few more things about the excitement over certain movies coming out soon. To begin with... Pride and Prejudice, just to rant for a moment, WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD CAST KIERA KNIGHTLY AS ELIZABETH BENNET?!?!?! Ok, now that is not to say that I don't like Kiera Knightly, I do, I really do, and I am hoping that she will prove me wrong by being really good, however, I am really nervous that she will butcher the charachter thereby making my favorite story not so good (though at least I will always have the BBC version and the book to save me). Despite the doubt I have in Kiera Knightly's ability to be a good Elizabeth Bennet, I am still really really excited to see the movie. There are lots of other really good movies coming out too... RENT, Narnia, Harry Potter, I could go on, but I won't bore you. And Shannon, I will get on seeing Mirror Mask as soon as I can find someone to go with me. I am seeing Corpse Bride at 6 tonight, so at least I am getting somewhere in the movie world.
Ok, now more of my life, I have gone home the last three weekends in a row and got to hang out with my family and the doggies, yay for that! School is hard as ever, but I am slowly making my way through. I saw the Full Monty and On the Town recently, both very well done musicals. I got 2 hours of sleep last night because that is what you get for staying up late and playing the question game with a demi-god (I wish I could remember all the questions asked and answered in the course of the night, but I was really tired, I mean it was 5, 6, 7 am?).
On an amusing note, I have to jokes to put a smile on everyone's face:
Why did the girl fall off the swing?*
How many mice does it take to screw in a light bulb?**
Ok, enjoy those.
Quick end note, I miss everyone in Australia heaps and I hope your last month of uni goes well, and I am eagerly anticipating my Australian care package that I was told was sent to me... yay for my Aquinas jumper!
Now I am off, homework beccons (ok, who am I kidding, I am off to go stare at my homework and procrastinate more)... ciao!
*Because she had no arms!
**Two, but don't ask me how they got into the light bulb
Sunday, October 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment