Friday, August 05, 2005

waiting for...

Ever get the feeling that you are just waiting for something, but you aren't surewhat? That you are in between things. Well that is how I seem to be feeling right now, in between things. This is the first summer that I haven't been doing something like working at camp or going to camp or traveling, probably since I was in 4 grade, most likely even younger, and it's weird! I am home from Australia, so there is that and then I go to start mentor training around the 16, so it is like 12 more days or so which a little over 2 weeeks, so there is that. Now inbetween I have to pack my room and the house and move and get ready for school, but not only am I totally unmotivated, but I am also in a strange state of psuedo-reality where I am walking through things in a disorganized unthinking bubble. I seem to be doing lots of stuff, but I feel like I am doing nothing. On Wednesday I went to Venice Beach with Sarah* and a Dutch girl named Yvonne and this girl Lauren who is 15 and that was fun, especially because I brought my Aussie rules football and we played a bit of football on the beach oz style and then I hung out with Sarah* and watched Space Balls and ate pizza with her and her roommate. The weekend before that I hung out with Danny, Marcus, Sarah* and Ryan and saw the Aristocrats (very dirty, but very funny, if it is available, see it-though it may never be available in Australia since it is unrated and wasn't excepted by one of our biggest theater companies). Last night I saw the LA Phil at the Hollywood Bowl and then watched half of Arsnic and Lace with Lex who has moved into the valley so it's easy to hang out with him now. I feel however like I am doing nothing when really I have done all that, I am in the middle of my 4th book since I got home and I have taken care of lots of stuff for the Pitzer mentor program. Ok, enough of this, it is long and boring. To those in Australia it goes without saying but I will say it anyways... I miss you guys heaps! Love to all...ciao!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Bec, glad to see you updated!

Being home again can put you into a big of a funk, everying seems so surreal, and nothing seems that particularly important! But it's all good, you'll get through it, and the stuff you're doing sounds like it's fun!

Hope you are well (sounds like you are). Shannon's room is heaps weird without you in it (all the boys go in there now and relive their drinking war stories. We need a dominating female presence!).

Luv Mel

em said...

bec babe,
i miss you heaps and yeah being home gets weird at first for sure! I still get in funks and I really didn't know what to do with myself for the first month of being home. I hope your next two weeks go well and that you enjoy mentor training. Sounds like things are going well though for you out in LA, I miss you like crazy and miss the days and nights in shannon's room! Sorry Mel we are no longer there--hope the boys don't stick to their drunken war stories forever! ;-)

Anyway... glad to see you updated babe. Miss you heaps! take care and hopefully will talk to you soon!

much love,
em

Melissa said...

Hey, I updated my blog TWICE and you still haven't done anything!!

From now on I will only update when one of you guys does =P . Actually that's probably a lie, because I have too much interesting stuff happening in my life for me not to write it down somewhere. Keep checking back there guys!

For anyone else reading this is www.elementsofchaos.blogspot.com *Shameless plug*

Luv to both of you guys,

Luv Mel