Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Bounce Bounce Bounce

Hey all! I got back to Adelaide from Kangaroo Island last night and promptly fell asleep, so now I will give a quick (ish) update. On Tuesday I got up at 5 to have a shower and get to Hotel Adelaide by 6 where they picked me up to take me to the boat that would take me to KI. When I got there we picked up the rest of the group (or maybe I should say they picked the 7 of us up since 6 of them had already been with the guide for a whole day before we got there). We then immediately began the tour. we went to lots of beaches and lookout points. KI is a beautiful island with heaps of wildlife. Over two days we went to Seal Beach which has a colony of Sea lions that are only on that part of the island because of all the sealers way back when. They were so cute. We also saw a colony od New Zealand Fur Seals at Admiral Arch which were really cute, but a lot smellier. The seals were more active so we got to watch them playing in the water and splashing in the waves and play fighting which was really cool. On the first day we also went Sandboarding in Little Sahara, an area with heaps of sand dunes. I wasn't bad at it at all, I was one of the few people who could stay on the board all the way down then first slope both standing and sitting and other than the guide, I made it the farthest down all the slopes. After dinner around the fire on the first day we all went on a small hike to see the fairy pengiuns and then stayed up late talking and playing silly mind games. On the second day we saw the Remarkable Rocks which really are remarkable. They were really cool and I've got heaps of pictures to prove it. When we came back last night we came back on a speed boat which was a lot of fun, especially because the water with the sunset was absolutely beautiful. The people on the tour were awesome. There were these to really cool Israeli girls that I became friends with, Dorone and Sarit. The guide was also really cool, Mik. Whenever we wanted to see something he would stop the car and let us get out and he knew heaps about everything. There was heaps of animals in the wild that we saw including kangaroos. wallabies, koalas and echidnas. not to mention the seals and sea lions. The trip was a lot of fun and a good way to end my current stay here in Adelaide since I am getting on an airplaine in a little over 12 hours. That makes me really sad and I don't want to leave, but at the same time it is bittersweet since going home means seeing everyone back in LA, so if you are a friend from home I will see you I am sure sometime within the next week (unless you aren't in LA this week) and if you are a friend in Australia, I am going to miss you heaps and heaps and I love you all. Ok, time to go finish packing. I am out, for now.

1 comment:

em said...

Bec,
my lovely I am so glad to hear that you had a fun time in KI. It was so wonderful talking to all of you on the phone this afternoon. I didn't want to get off the phone! sigh... it was hard, even in the silences with people I was just happy to know that I was on the phone with all of you and that there was more conncetino other than the internet. It was great to hear you voice and I can't wait until you get home and we can talk heaps more on the phone! You're so lovely and I hope your goodbyes went well. It must be kind of odd with only like shannon going with you. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Australia! I miss you and love you heaps!

-em