So, two weeks later I finally sign back on to the world of blog for a massive update...
New York and Israel
Really good! It was really nice to be on the trip. Though many a time my family drove me nuts and I couldn't wait to be living in my own room again by the end of the trip, it was still nice to be with them for this trip. Though traveling with parents is nothing like traveling with peers, it is still a lot of fun. It was fun to be back in New York when it wasn't freezing, and we got to do a cool boat tour of the harbor, so I got to see the Statue of Liberty for the first time and all that jazz. I was sitting there looking at history, but it was nothing compared to the history I was about to come so close to in Israel. A few things about Israel, first, it is such an amazing country for the size that it is. About the size of New Jersey, and yet, there are so many different climates, hot, cool, humid, beaches, deserts, mountains, etc. The people there are so passionate, and it is a mix between what we know as western civilization, and a deeper connection with the world around them. They have outdoor markets called shooks and there is sucha connection with everything there. Kinda hard to explain really. Second, it is full of history. I walked along roads that were laid by Kind Herod. I walked through ampitheaters and hippodromes and ruins galore and I knew that they were part of not just my history, but world history. Suddenly I am face to face with things that I used to read in textbooks. It all just leaves you filled with awe. Third, after not visiting for years, I have come to the realization that not only could I go back over and over and over again, but if I decided that it was the right choice to make, I could live there. Don't get me wrong, I did not just say that I am going to make aliyah (move to Israel), I only said that I can picture myself living there. To sum up... it was a great trip, I saw the family I lived with during my exchange in tenth grade for the first time in six years, I saw my friend Dedy from camp for the first time in 4 years, I saw places I hadn't been in ages, and I felt connected again to a place that was my home only six years ago and has been my people's home for generations.
Ok, moving on...
I got home in the end of June, got a wonderful visit from a very close friend in New York and had a great time...
Oh, I almost forgot, on a whim, I finally did what I have been talking about doing for months without telling anyone I was going to do it. Two weeks ago on June 1, I chopped all my hair off... that's right, no more hair, ok, there is still hair, it is just about chin length though! Big change! :)
On the second I went to the Long Beach Aquarium by metro (an interesting experience) for a fun day with Pacific Ocean sea animals, there were jellyfish and sea horses and sharks and sea otters and an octopus, so cool! A very good day!
On the third my family went to see fireworks at the Hollywood Bowl. It is an outdoor ampitheater. We saw the Hollywood Bowl orchestra and... Kenny Loggins, who sang some good songs including Celebrate Me Home, Footloose and my favorite... House on Pooh Corner! A really good show!
On the fourth we had a random fun family pool party.
I then worked for the rest of the week and I saw Pirates on Friday night... not as good as the first one, but I won't give anything away. Yesterday (Sunday) i went to Disneyland with some awesome people, some I already knew, some I didn't, but still, all awesome people. It made me realize something though...
When you meet someone for the first time, and you hang out with them, when you go home that night, there are millions of paths opened before you. You can sit and dream for hours about who these people will become to you what you will do together, where you will go, etc. You have that short time between that day and the next time you see/talk/write/etc with that person to dream of all that your friendship could become... and then life happens. I met such cool people yesterday, I can dream all I want of who they will be to me in the end, but the truth is, I have no idea who they will really be, only time will tell.
Ok, that is it for this post, I am sure more will come later, Life suddenly got a little more exciting, but not enough to get all of your hopes up for a more exciting blog. Sorry it's been so long since I last posted for the 4 of you who read this. Ok, have a good week! ciao!
Monday, July 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment