Thursday, September 08, 2005

firefly and a thank you

Ok, so what could be so good that I would name my whole post after it? Clearly only Firefly... if you haven't watched the series or even heard of it, get on it, pronto, the movie (Serenity) is coming out in like 2 weeks after all. Boys (Shannon and Sunil) you have some catching up to do, I only have 3 episodes left out of 14, so you better be watching whenever you have free time (and Sunil, when you aren't watching and have free time... Gunslinger...you know it, don't you want gold stars)! For everyone who doesn't know what Firefly is, it is a tv series that is sci-fi and western at the same time. The jokes are actually funny and the plot is actually good, and though the movie could probably be seen without the tv series (thank you Shannon for pointing that out to me) it is not suggested... WATCH THE TV SERIES! Sorry, ok, the obsessive rant will end though I thank Ryan a thousand times over for introducing me to Firefly in good time to watch them all before Serenity comes out (again, no demi-gods, whether self appointed or worshipped by 7 small children and a goat, should comment).
Ok, on to the rest of my life, since Firefly has not taken up all of it though it may seem that way from the first paragraph. Uni is good, oeverwhelming and kicking my butt, but still good. I am actually enjoying for the most part all of my classes, though bio did give me a run for my sanity this first week, I think it will be better now, in fact I only have 2 books to read this weekend. Also, I talked to some Aussies the other night, so good to hear some nois again and the good ol' Aussie accent, man I miss you guys and I can't wait for my care package with my Aquinas jumper (for Americans, that is anything that can act as a sweater or sweatshirt) it will after all be the first package I have recieved at Pitzer that wasn't books I bought myself on Amazon.
As a small aside, I just wanted to take a paragraph out and thank everyone who is there foe me. Though I am an incredibly happy person, even happy people worry a bit and get stressed out and sad occasionally etc etc. So I wanted to take a moment to thank my friends and family who are there for me (even though most of you aren't reading this, but still). Thank you to those who will let me call you and listen to me vent, to those who love me no matter what, to those who don't judge and make me feel special, wanted and good. Thank you to those who from across the world or continent or even city can still bring a smile to my face through a few words, a brief (or long) conversation or just a picture or a smile. Thank you to everyone who cares about me, and you all know who you are, and even though I may not always tell you how much I appreciate you all, I do, every single one of you. Thank you for making me laugh and letting me cry, for listening and loving, for giving advice, solace and a shoulder if I ever need one. Thank you for the hugs and the candy, and the wonderful memories. Thank you for introducing me to life little by little because I do live in my own world, and thank you for sharing that world with me. I genuinely love every one of you and I hope you know that I am there for you in the same way that you are all there for me, I offer all I can give, my time, my hugs, whatever it is that will make you smile the way you have made me smile. Thank you again for always being there.
On that note i will end this blog. Thanks again, and smile, everyone smile, just for a minute, it feels so good to smile and laugh, so take a minute out of your day, relax and maybe stop and smell the roses for a minute, we all could use a short break at least. Cheers!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

This was a great blog entry, so good to hear what's happening in your life there dude!

Did you send this firefly thing to sunny and shannon? I could probably ask them seeing as they live in the next building over from me, whereas you are on the other side of the world, but that would require me leaving my chair.

And we don't want that do we.

I miss you Bec.

Luv Mel

E said...

-snicker-

"firefly"

-snicker-