So I am fianlly able to sit down for the first time in a while (though I should be in bed catching up on sleep since I am getting up in about 7 hours) and actually really update my blog. A while ago I was at home and not really doing much, since then I have had plenty of time to do lots. So therefore a report is due.
Since I last wrote about 2 weeks ago, I have hung out with my friends and had a great time as well as moved back to school in a frantic week of driving from Pitzer to LA and back again. A little over a week ago, after going to my grandparents' for dinner, I went to Sarah*s apartment with some of her friends who have since become friends of mine. There we played Taboo and Cranium two awesome games that are so much fun! That was awesome, not to mention the fact that Todd was in town so I got to see him after months of not seeing him while he was in New York and/or I was in Australia. Then on Tuesday I moved in to my dorm room and then drove back to LA for Sarah*s 21 birthday! Yay! We went out to dinner with my brother and sister and their significant others and then we met a bunch of other people at the bowling alley where we bowled two awesome games (which I more or less lost) and played some Dance Dance Revolution (which I also lost...notice it doesn't bother me too much which is another subject for another day brought up in my conversation on the way to get bagels). After bowling 4 of us went to Maloney's, a bar in Westwood where we met another one of our friends and drank a bit in honor of Sarah*s birthday and her first legal alcohol. After Sarah* got trashed we went home and slept and then went out to lunch with her dad the next day following that with a dinner with her mom and some of her closest family and friends. Yay Magaritas and Jeremy x2 all for Sarah! Then we went to another bar with bumper pool and foosball and then I went back to school to start mentor training at 8 in the morning. We went to the Museum of Tolerance, and altogether moving and emotional day. The next day we sat through heaps of mentor meetings about dealing with counseling and problems and lots of other information and then I went back to LA to go to an awesome bar with Sarah* called Howl at the Moon. It is a dueling piano bar with 2 pianos that play all sorts of music and it is a great atmosphere, a lot of fun. The next day I went home to go to my grandpas 80 someodd birthday party and then back to school. This morning I had a meeting about anorexia and bulimia and then my brother, his girlfriend and my parents picked me up to go to Laguna for an artfair, dinner and this incredible performance called Pageant of the Masters where they show paintings with real people, hard to describe but really cool. I almost forgot that last night Shannon and Sunny called and I also got to talk to Mel...yay!!!!!!!! So Good! Oh, and I found someone else at college who likes Clone High, so exciting.
Ok that is enough of an update, bed calls since I have very little time to sleep and I am tired as. Oh, and for everyone who wrote me comments...you rock!!!! You guys made my day. Ok, love to all, bed now!
Monday, August 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I rock??
That is so cool!!
It was good talking to you again Rebecca, sorry I didn't hang around long but I was sick and my voice sounded like crap and also I was hungry and needed to go to Subway really really badly. I will borrow (read: steal) Shannon's phone card and ring you again sometime.
Sounds like all is well with you, college sounds like a blast!
Have fun!
Love Mel
so does this mean I rock too?! sweet! wow girl you've been up to A LOT! Is it a long drive from Pitzer to home? It's got to be nice to have family and friends taking you places though.
Sounds like the mentor thing is going well and is pretty interesting! I can't wait to move back to school myself!
much love,
em
Post a Comment