Ok, I know that it has been ages since I last wrote, about a month, I am really sorry to all of those who feel that there is a loss in their lives because they were out of touch with little ol' me, and because that is none of you, I am just hoping that you will all accept my apologies and understand that I have been hugely busy with life and uni and the like.
A lot has gone on here since the last time I updated. First off, footy...that is over now. We played at least 3 more games since I last wrote. The blokes team won the championship last Sunday and the chicks team, which I have been playing for and having a great time, came in second. It was the first game that we lost and we lost it to our rivals, St. Marks College, and the only thing that made up for us losing was that the blokes team played and beat them in the game right after ours so last Sunday night was a crazy celebration and much partying has happened in the last week (when we weren't all busy studying and writing papers since it is now towards the end of the semester).
The races were the week right after I wrote last. Those were a lot of fun, we all spent the day dressed up and hanging out in a tent with champaigne and food and good company. I think I maybe saw half of one horse race, so therefore about 10 horses all day long. It is pretty crazy that the entire city shuts down because Adelaide Cup is a public holiday, this is the only country I can think of that has a public holiday for horse races.
We had several hall things going on in the last few weeks as well. My hall did kareoke at a kareoke booth bar place thing on one Friday night, that was a lot of fun. We sang a lot of crazy songs including some Queen, Oasis, Grease and Sinatra, and of course for our dear Amber (a jewelry making, pop loving Australian chick) we did some Britney. We also won the quiz night between all the halls, that is because Finn (my hall) is full of all the engineers and smart people (it is after all known as the quite hall out in woop-woop (there version of the booneys)). It was a lot of fun to sit there and answer all the questions and it was great to finally win since we haven't won anything sporty for a while. We were recently discussing making a Finn shirt which should be pretty cool, we have a pirate theme and we all have pirate names, mine is Scurvy Bec (don't ask, the boys thought it would be funny, but I don't really get it either though I wear it with pride...might as well). We are thinking of making our Finn shirt pirate themed with all of our pirate names on it, that is really exciting.
We had a battle of the bands at Linclon with all the colleges and Lutheran Seminary and Marks won again, but our band was awesome, it is Joe (American) on the vocals, Patty on piano, Matt on drums, Drakey on guitar and Cagney on bass and they palyed some really fun songs, including two very Australian ones, Ke Sahn (I probably spelled that wrong) and The Holy Grail. We also had our Fresher Show where there was a bouncy castle and we all had to dress up in costumes and we had a costume contest. I had to dress up as a Native American (they gave me that one because they all said I looked like Pocahontas with straight hair) and I got to wear a fun costume and fun earrings and moccasins. That night was also a lot of fun. I also went on a frisbee pub crawl with Emily's frisbee team which was a lot of fun.
A week ago we had music and arts night which was really nice. There are a lot of really talented people here at Aquinas. A lot of people performed for the college, including me, I sang On My Own from Les Miserables, but Fionna (who played piano for me) and I messed up a little bit, I was after all a bit nervous. Lots of people sang or played instruments and there were a few art exhibits from some people around the college, including Shannon, my tutor (essencially an RA) who is an amazing artist (he makes cartoons on his own website which are really good). I also went to the zoo and the botanical gardens last Saturday with Anne Marie (another American) and Kristen a girl from a class that we all have together. That was a lot of fun and I had an echidna run over my foot and I got to see a Tasmanian Devil.
It is now swatvac which is basically two weeks off to study, it is already a week over and I have turned in one paper (one class done) and I have one more paper due in a few days and then two finals starting the week of the 20th. I think I am going to try and travel a bit during this next week once I finish my paper, maybe to KI (Kangaroo Island) and then come back with enough time to study for my irst exam on the 21st. It is crazy how quite it has gotten around the college now that everyone is seriously getting down to papers and studying and what not.
To leave this off now that it is an essay in itself in order to bring you all back up to date, I just wanted to say a few things. First of all, it is interesting how much the Australian culture revolves around drinking. Next, I am still having an amazing time and I love all the people I have met here. I will try and continue to update this more often and again I am sorry that it has taken so long. Lastly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!!!!!!! (after all I am posting this on your birthday) oh, and sorry to everyone whose birthday I have missed out here, I still love you all, it is just a bit more difficult to call you from here. I am now off to try and get this paper done... continue to write emails or something if you are, oh and you can still post comments on this site (though noone really has for a while, it must be bad karma for not updating often enough)! All the best to everyone! Ciao for now!
Saturday, June 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment