For the first time in about a week, it didn't rain today, funny though, I slept all day and missed the sunshine! Yes yes, I know, you all think I am lazy, but really I haven't slept the last few nights...between hanging out with people and reading and studying, I have been very busy! The last time I updated my blog (I know I know guys, it was too long and you got bored, sorry...it's not my fault you have nothing to do during swotvac and exams, try studying...oh wait, silly me, procrastination!) it was before it rained for about 5 days straight and then stormed with crazy winds. I really haven't don too much this week though. After finally cementing (and paying for) my travel plans, I really didn't do much more than read and hang out with people. I studied a bit with Cagney for my English exam the night before, but it was only for a few hours because I then headed off to Shannon's room to hold Sunny's foam pig ransom for Shannon's tutor keys (lets just say we had a bit of fun with photoshop). I had my first exam (English) yesterday which was insane! The actual exam wasn't too difficult, I know that I definitely passed, though what grade I will get I still have no idea. The experience of taking the exam though, that was the weird bit. Basically you get a random day and time for your exam, either 9:30 am or 1:50 pm and everyone who has an exam in that time slot (and there are at least 7 going on at one time) sits in one giant hall at the showgrounds. Basically there are thousands of people each at their own individual desk sitting in sections by class. Then they tell you over the loudspeaker to fill out the front and the attendance sheet and then that you get 10 minute reading time to look over the exam and then you start and at the end of the two hour mark they announce that all those who had a two hour exam must turn in their exam and then they can all leave...all at once! I had a two and a half hour one, so while they were all moving their chairs around on the concrete floor and leaving I couldn't concentrate! Ahh! Then they announce each time an exam is finished to stop writing and put the papers in the book etc. It was such a crazy experience... mind boggoling!
One of the things that I have come to realize lately, or maybe really just something I finally allowed to sink in, is that nothing can ever really be the same. Things can be comparable, things can be just as good, things can be worse or better, but they will never be the same. The way that I related to people in the beginning of the semester is not the same as the way I relate to them now, and if I liked the first way better, oh well, it won't be the same, I can work to change it again, but it will not be the same! That is weird, but something I must learn to accept. Ok, enough of the philosophising.
On a last note, I just want to thank all those Aussies (and Emily cuz I think you are the only American) out here for continuing to not only read my blog, but post, that rocks and I love checking and finding comments...which leads to me those of you back home...feel free to post comments. I love hearing from you and no one has posted for quite a bit, and if you are going to say that that is because you couldn't, I changed it, you can now, so feel free...Sarah* I know you are reading this...POST! Ok, to everyone else you should to, but I wanted to give Sar a special shout out for being great, or as a true aussie would say...for being a legend! You all rock! Have a great day, I am off to finish my laundry...ciao!
Thursday, June 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Beccy Poo!
Finally an update for me to post on...!
Now what to say, what to say...?
Actually for the first time in a very long time, I am actually at a loss for what to say. This is very bad.
I sleep now.
I hope that your trip and the remainder of the time you spend in Australia is amazing. I am excited to see pictures and hear stories. See you in LA!
REBECCA! UPDATE YOUR BLOG!
And the meeting for the 'we don't like Rebecca club' is at 4pm this afternoon. you're not invited =D
BEX!!!!! I know you are having an amazing trip and I am so proud for the amazng, and quite philosophical, person you are becoming. But dammit... I MISS YOU! So come HOME!!!! (only 20-something days, only 20-something days...)
Post a Comment